Anyone who reads this blog knows that I love timeshare rentals. (Check out my article Eight Rules to Make Timeshare Work for You for details). Orlando is a great venue for checking out my timeshare rental deals. Most people bring the whole family and a single hotel room is pretty cramped for a large group. Start renting two or more hotel rooms and you are facing an enormous expense. Timeshare rentals are the answer. And Marriott, the venerable high quality hotel chain, has some absolutely outstanding timeshare properties in Orlando. In fact, I’m sitting in one right now. Here is my take on the best Marriott timeshare properties in Orlando. Check these out first when you want to score a great Orlando timeshare rental deal.
- Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve. This is the nicest of the wonderful Marriott timeshare properties in Orlando. Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve is located in the Grande Lakes development next to the beautiful J.W. Marriott Grande Lakes. The Lakeshore Reserve has an
awesome pool appropriately named the “Plaza d’ Acqua”. You can also use the beautiful pool and facilities of the J.W. Marriott Grande Lakes. The units are beautiful and offer a variety of room types from a nice sized studio unit (357 sq. ft.) to a large, luxuriously appointed three bedroom townhouse (1,655 sq. ft.). Everything here is done first class. The units are directly across the Ritz Carlton Golf Club Grande Lakes which really makes for a nice backdrop. The only negative here is that Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve is the furthest of the Marriott timeshare properties from Disney World. You should be able to score a three bedroom at this beautiful resort for about $143 a night (or less) on Redweek.com. Please check out my Eight Rules to Make Timeshare Work for You before booking to learn all you need to know to score a great deal at Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve.
- Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort. Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort is one of the best values in all of Orlando. This is a very high quality
resort with nicely decorated studios, one bedroom and two bedroom villas. The resort also has its own lake and a very nice 9-hole golf course. The main pool area, which is just off the lobby, has wonderful facilities including a restaurant, ice cream shop, non-motorized boat rentals and a beach. I stayed in a 1296 sq. ft. two bedroom villa (which is basically a studio and a one bedroom villa combined). The kitchen was well appointed with granite countertops, a full sized fridge and everything you would need to cook a meal. My two bedroom villa had a great view of the golf course from the spacious balcony. I give Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort a little leg up over Marriott’s Cypress Harbor Villas because of the golf course (I love to break out the sticks on a nice day). To make things even sweeter, I booked Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort on Redweek.com and paid only $350 for the week (around Thanksgiving). That was an outrageous deal booked at the last minute. However, you can generally book a two bedroom villa at this wonderful resort for about $600-$700 for the week. Please check out my Eight Rules to Make Timeshare Work for You before booking so you too can score a great deal at MARRIOTT’S GRANDE VISTA RESORT.
- Marriott’s Cypress Harbour Villas. This is where I am staying as I write this article. I love this place! My room (Unit 6323) has a wonderful view of the main lake and is close to the activity center (great if you have kids). My original room (Unit 6623) had a pretty ordinary woodlands view. Thanks to the very nice front desk clerk, Teilor, and assistant manager, Firat, I scored this beautiful unit. My two bedroom villa (1345 sq. ft. plus a 90 sq. ft. outdoor area) is very comfortable and spacious. The large kitchen has granite counter tops, a full sized fridge, a stove, a microwave, a toaster, a blender, a coffee maker, a full set of dishes and much more. I just use it to make breakfast but you could prepare a full meal if your were so inclined. I also have a screened in porch overlooking the lake with a nice breakfast table. The living room has a couch that could seat six or seven comfortably. The room also has a very large hot tub in the master bath. All in all a great villa. Oh, I bought my five nights on Ebay.com for $300 (that’s $60 a night people). An awesome deal!!
- Marriott’s Imperial Palms/Marriott’s Royal Palms. These resorts are literally next to each other on the property of the Orlando World
Center Marriott. The Hawk’s Landing Golf Club runs through out the property creating a beautiful backdrop for many of the rooms. All of the rooms at Marriott’s Imperial Villas have three bedrooms, sleep 10 and have 1631 square feet of living space. The Imperial Palms draws rave reviews on TripAdvisor and a Certificate of Excellence. The pools at these resorts is just so so, but you have the right to use the wonderful pool and other facility at the Orlando World Center Marriott next door. All of the rooms at Marriott’s Royal Palms resort are two bedroom, two bath villas with 1250 sq. ft. of living space. Marriott’s Royal Palms also earns great reviews on TripAdvisor. You can normally rent a room at the Royal Palms for around $100 a night on Redweek.com. The Imperial Palms generally goes for at least $200 a night.
- Marriott’s Harbour Lake Resort. Marriott’s Harbour Lake Resort is located across the street from Marriott’s Cypress Harbour Villas and is a pretty similar property. I give Marriott’s Cypress Harbour Villas the edge over its sister resort mainly because its rooms are bigger and its location is further away from the expressway. Marriott’s Harbour Lake Resort has studios, one bedroom and two bedroom units. The two bedrooms units have 1082 sq. ft. and a 50 sq. ft. balcony. The Harbour Lake Resort room quality is similar to the Cypress Harbour Villas. And Harbour Lake Resort has an excellent kiddie pool complete with a large water-feature equipped pirate ship. A two bedroom unit at Marriott’s Harbour Lake Resort should be available for under $100 a night on Redweek.com.
- Marriott’s Sabal Palms. Personally, I have never had a bad experience at a Marriott timeshare resort. The Sabal Palms (which my friend
loves) was looking a little worn around the edges in early December 2015. However, the Sabal Palms is undergoing a pretty extensive renovations at the moment so all should be good soon. Still, the Marriott Sabal Palms location (in back of the Orlando World Center Marriott) is my least favorite of this group. However, the location also allows you to take advantage of all of the wonderful pools and other facilities of the Orlando World Center Marriott. Maybe that’s why Marriott’s Sabal Palms earned a 4.5 star TripAdvisor rating and a Certificate of Excellence. All units here are 1250 sq. ft. 2 bedroom villas. You should be able to score one of these rooms for around $100 a night or less on Redweek.com.
Check out these other great Orlando timeshare rental deals
If you looking for great Orlando timeshare rental deals check out my articles Orlando Timeshare Rental Deals–One, Two and Three Bedroom Villas from $50 a Night and my previously referenced article Eight Rules to Get the Best Timeshare Rental Deals.