A couple of close friends called me yesterday to ask me if I had any great deals to Cancun. My answer was “of course”. Here are the top 10 Cancun hotel deals for as little as $50 a night. Remember, these aren’t the typical crappy Cancun hotels you
might see on other sites. Everyone of these has a minimum 4 star rating on Tripadvisor. The point being–it’s easy to get a cheap hotel in Cancun. The trick is to get a great hotel for a fantastic price. That is the Traveldealalert.com way!!
1. Villa Del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort and Spa–$59 a Night on Skyauction.com. The Villa del Palmar Cancun is available for a limited time for stays through September 30, 2015. The Villa Del Palmar Cancun has an excellent 4 star rating on Tripadvisor.com (and a Certificate of Excellence) and, although it’s not the Ritz Carlton, is a very nice hotel about 35 minutes for the airport. The next best Villa Del Palmar deal I could find for that time period was $131 a night on the hotel’s website.
2. CasaManga Marriott Cancun Resort–kinda $88 a night on Marriott.com. The CasaMagna Marriott Cancun is a beautiful hotel in the heart of the hotel zone. This a large resort with a myriad of amenities and dining options. The CasaMagna Marriott has a wonderful beach and fantastic pool. The is a family oriented, very well run hotel.
The CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort has earned a great 4.5 star review on Tripadvisor and a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. If you stay at least four nights you can take advantage of the Marriott Sand Dollar Rate which starts at $138 a night but includes a $50 per night resort credit which can be used towards food, drinks (not mini-bar purchases) or spa services at the hotel. Unused portions of the daily room credit will not be refunded.
3. Le Reve Hotel & Spa–$109 a night on Skyauction.com. The Le Reve Hotel & Spa is a newer boutique hotel just outside of Playa del Carmen. The Le Reve Hotel & Spa has an excellent 4.5 star Tripadvisor rating and is considered a 4 star hotel on most websites. The next best price I could find for this little gem was $152 a night (with taxes and fees) on Cheaptickets.com. This deal is available for stays thorough December 16, 2015, and for many dates in 2016.
4. Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort–from $50 a night on Skyauction.com. The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort is an absolutely beautiful, full-service resort. The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort garners a great 4.5 star Tripadvisor rating and has earned a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. The next best rate on this great timeshare resort is over $200 a night.
The catch is that you have to book a week at a time with the beginning auction bid of $349. The current availability is for weeks beginning on 9/19, 9/20, 9/25, 9/26, 9/27, 10/18. 10/30, 10/3, 11/1, 11/6, 11/8, 11/13, 11/15, 11/28, 12/11, 12/12 and 12/13. This is a fantastic deal!!! Grab your week before I grab mine.
5. Mayan Palace Riviera Maya. I stayed at this solid resort a few years ago with my ex-wife and our two adorable children. The Mayan Palace Riviera Maya is huge and has a bit of a weird set up. The enormous pool area and a few of the restaurants are set up on the ocean front. The hotel runs perpendicular to the beach front (most run parallel) so your room could be a long walk from the ocean. The restaurants were very good (and reasonably priced) while the rooms were comfortable and clean but nothing special. Tripadvisor reviews are solid. What is great is that you generally book an entire week in a studio for about $50 a night. My suggestion is to opt for a one or two bedroom suite. A good negotiator should be able to do the one bedroom for under $65 a night or a two bedroom for around $85 a night. The hotel generally collects a small resort fee starting at $21/week. This resort is a timeshare and rentals are available through Ebay.com and Redweek.com. I strongly suggest that you read my excellent article Eight Rules to Get the Best Deals on Timeshare Rentals before renting your first timeshare. You can also get great deals on the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya and, its sister resort, the slightly nice Grand Mayan Riviera Maya on Skyauction.com.
6. Grand Bliss Riviera Maya — from about $60 a night. This may be the best deal on this list. My buddy Irwin owns at the Grand Bliss Riviera Maya and absolutely loves it. Full disclosure–this is one of the few places in Cancun I have not visited. However, the pictures are absolutely gorgeous and my buddy Irwin knows his stuff when it comes to luxury travel. Tripadvisor give the Grand Bliss Riviera Maya a great 4.5 star rating. Unbelievably, you can stay here for a week from $379 a week on Skyauction.com (for a studio room) and from $114 a night for a week for a two bedroom on Redweek.com. Again, I strongly suggest that you read my excellent article Eight Rules to Get the Best Deals on Timeshare Rentals before renting your first timeshare.
7. Aloft Cancun–from $84 a night on Starwood.com. This is a very, very nice budget oriented hotel with an excellent location. The Aloft Cancun is located in the heart of the hotel zone (across the street from the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach) and very close to many of the hot clubs and restaurants in Cancun. The Aloft Cancun has a nice pool area and many very cool design features. This place is consistently available for under $100 a night. The Aloft Cancun has earned a 4 star Tripadvisor rating and is an excellent budget choice.
8. Live Aqua Cancun–from $148 a night per person all-incusive. This is a fabulous adult’s only resort located in Cancun’s hotel zone. The place is absolutely beautiful and very upscale. The ratings on this super luxury hotel are consistently excellentacross the board. The Hotels.com price for Live Aqua Cancun for the October 5-8, 2015, dates average $444 a night for two people. The Skyauction.com price starts around $296 a night. No timeshare horse crap and no strings attached.
9. Fiesta American Condesa Cancun–from $128 a night per person all inclusive. This is one of the oldest resorts in Cancun (I stayed at the old, crappy Cancun Viva next door to the gorgeous Fiesta American Condesa Cancun back in 1984 with my girlfriend from law
school and we snuck over to the Condesa’s beautiful pool as often as possible).
The entire complex is set up like an old Mexican village and has a wonderful charm that the newer resorts just can’t achieve. The Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun has a fantastic beachfront location and a wonderful pool area. The Condesa Cancun has a great 4.5 star Tripadvisor rating (a 2014 Travelers Choice award winner) and consistently gets excellent online reviews. The food is very, very good. The breakfast buffet with its seemingly endless options.
10. LeBlanc Spa Resort–About $230 a night per person, all-inclusive. LeBlanc Spa Resort is the pinnacle of Cancun all-inclusive hotels. Top rated by Tripadvisor and consistently top ranked in travel publications like Conde Nast Traveler (number one in Cancun in the 2012 Readers Choice Awards). This place has great accommodations, great facilities, a first class spa, a beautiful beach,
great service (how does your own butler sound) and extraordinary food. If you want to blow away your significant other with an off the charts place—LeBlanc Spa Resort is a great choice. A recent Kayak search prices Leblanc Spa Resort at $593 a night (including taxes and fees) for the week of October 5-12, 2015. Ouch!!! You know what makes a week with your sweetie even sweeter …knowing you paid less than $460 a night for your week at LeBlanc. No timeshare BS…no strings attached…only the use of my brain and yours and a little help from Ebay.com
A Few Words About Skyauction
A couple words of caution about Skyauction: (a) pay attention to make sure there are no surcharges for your dates, (b) I don’t consider these “auctions” in the traditional sense–so don’t start bidding like a madman (feel free to bid things up a shekel or two just don’t go crazy) , (c) if you miss the current auction there should be another one just around the corner (the next day in most cases), and (d) I don’t really recommend using the “Autobid” feature on Skyauction—just seems every time I use that option my bid hits my Autobid upper limit.
Please be advised that some of the links in this article are “affiliate links” which may (heaven forbid) entitle Traveldealalert, Inc. to earn a commission on any sales generated by readers who click through and make a purchase. Also be advised the Traveldealalert.com will not publish any article (or favorably mention any website) unless the Editor-in-Chief believes that readers are getting the best possible deal. FYI I’m not going to sell out my readers for a few lousy shekels from “affiliates.” On the other hand, if your going to Hotwire a hotel or use Skyauction.com, Vegas.com or Expedia I would greatly appreciate you going through the links on our website. God forbid I make a couple of nickels on this thing. Please consult our Disclaimer and Advertising Disclosure for a more legalistic and adult discussion of these issues.